Imperial Service Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ...

+34
schattenfrau
Lasi
LilGoldie3106
Obey Wann
girlstrat
khiliah
Hanyo2801
SamuraiJenn
mystycalchyk
Mara_Jade_AZ
jeslyn
Major
KisaWings
dancing trooper
Tom Hodges
Katsu Ma'Roy
vadersprincess
NdyGlo83
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Ladyhawk
Nightsister
Mirgo Ruus
pcady
mercsailor
Farva
Rogue_Shadow
terri.hodges
SyllyOne
cpababe
Pinky Shear
LadyRoy
TKEastbay
tb8535
Julie
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Introduction

Post  Julie 01/07/09, 11:05 am

Hi,
I'm Julie and located in the metro Atlanta area. I've been a member of the 501st since 2005 - TK-1467. I'm in the process of getting my ISO outfit together. I'll have it all ready to go by Dragon Con. Smile I'm looking forward to meeting each of you.
Julie
Julie

http://www.myspace.com/atairia

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ...

Post  tb8535 01/07/09, 11:13 am

I am Jen Palmer, TB-8535 "stationed" with the Dune Sea Garrison in sunny Arizona. I am a member of the 501st with two costumes, biker scout and imperial officer. My husband and I are also working on a Twi'lek for me. I have three beautiful girls, 18, 16 and 10, plus one dog and two cats and now a hamster has been added to the four-legger family. Laughing

I have been an ISO lady for about a year and am very proud to be a part of the group. I have a brother in the ARMY and many friends & family members are retired military. So supporting them is very important to me.

I look forward to hearing more about you and why you want to be an ISO lady!
tb8535
tb8535
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Re: Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ...

Post  TKEastbay 01/07/09, 11:13 am

Julie wrote:Hi,
I'm Julie and located in the metro Atlanta area. I've been a member of the 501st since 2005 - TK-1467. I'm in the process of getting my ISO outfit together. I'll have it all ready to go by Dragon Con. Smile I'm looking forward to meeting each of you.

Hi Julie~

Michelle from California here Wink I posted on the GA Garrison boards about looking for more ISO gals at DragonCon. I know alot of folks in GA - DZ 1673 Beau is my BF, Demon - Darth Traya, your CO Kris, Chris and Nikki Shore, Izzy, Hal Clay, etc.

I'll be suiting up in TK and in ISO uniform. Make sure to contact me on where the GA ISO will be during the Con.

Michelle
TKEastbay
TKEastbay
TKEastbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyRoy 01/07/09, 11:36 am

Greetings!
I'm Wendy in St. Paul, MN. (Any other midwest ladies out there?)

The ISO is a perfect marriage of my geekdoms. Raised on Star Wars, idolizing my flyboy of a grandfather, I couldn't have crafted a more perfect outlet for myself. Frankly, I'm sad that I didn't think of it earlier. Wink

My husband has just completed his biker scout costume for entry into the Central Garrison, and we were looking for a way for me to join him at these events without feeling like such a tag-along. And lo there was the ISO.

My extravagant costume ideal is to marry the Twi'lek dancing girl aesthetic with American Tribal Style belly dance (my hobby of choice).

Glad to be here! Can't wait to get started on my ISO get-up...and learning to do something 40s-esque with a very 20s-esque bob.
LadyRoy
LadyRoy

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Re: Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ...

Post  Pinky Shear 01/07/09, 12:01 pm

Julie wrote:Hi,

Hi Julie,
I'm Pinky Shear of Big City Burlesque & Vaudeville. I believe we've met in passing through many of the Dragon Con Circles. Small World. Is there already an ISO in Atlanta? I've been trying to get info from some of my Atlanta Garrison friends. Several of us BCB girls are interested in joining, and / or starting an Atlanta Chapter.
BCB has been ask to perform at a Yellow Ribbon event on the Thursday before DC officially starts, it would be a great place for us ISO members to show support.

Pinky
Pinky Shear
Pinky Shear

http://www.myspace.com/483181132

Back to top Go down

Post  TKEastbay 01/07/09, 12:14 pm

Hello all~

Michelle Bassig (aka TKEastbay on alot of 501st forums or Schoolgirl Trooper) from the San Francisco area checking in.
I am awaiting 501st approval for my Stormtrooper armor, and am working on an Imperial Officer, Biker Scout and a Stealthtrooper - yeah alot of costumes Razz

I am interested in starting up the Golden Gate Garrison ISO corps/chapter/division etc. with Terri Hodges and some 501st and non-501st Northern California ladies. I'll be at San Diego Comic Con and hope to have the chance to talk to the established ISO gals on how to go about with our group. I will also be at Atlanta's Dragon Con and hope to attend Trooperfest in Las Vegas.

My significant other, DZ 1673, currently lives in Georgia where I know a lot of 501st folks out there. He was the one who turned me on to Star Wars costuming and sci-fi conventions. It's hard to have an East Coast - West Coast realtionship, but we manage (and I have a lot of airline miles - lol! )

I am currently re-vamping my resume to work as a Clinical Lab Scientist as well as activate my real estate license. In the meantime, I've been working on my costumes, renovating my mother's home in the East Bay, and looking into writing screenplays and making films.

Hope to have the chance to meet alot of you ISO gals Wink

Michelle
TKEastbay
TKEastbay
TKEastbay

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Introductions

Post  cpababe 01/07/09, 12:43 pm

Howdy all! Beth Prochazka here. Got involved thru my brother and am just getting started on my TK. Also considering a worlds record attempt at being the worlds shorted imperial guard. Maybe I should take up stilt walking.

Anyway, the whole ISO thing sounded fascinating to me when i heard about it, and I got on board with the Mountain Garrison ISO a few months ago. It's been a kick ever since and I'm really looking forward to continuing our support efforts.

cpababe

Back to top Go down

Post  SyllyOne 01/07/09, 01:52 pm

Greetings!
First off, the site is Great!
I am Veronica, in San Diego California. I don't have any costumes as of yet. Money has been tight and it's had to wait but this one seems fairly manageable to get together. I have a 14 year old daughter starting to costume as Ahsoka, friends are helping that work in progress. We both volunteer a great deal. We do already support 501st members as 'wranglers', help them get suited up, unsuited and get around without falling as well as guarding them form fans showing a little 'too' much love.

I also have friends and family that are and have been in the military so that is also a great draw.

Can't wait to see what I can do to help out this Great idea and cause!

Hope to see some of you at San Diego Comic Con.

EDIT: On the yahoo group I was under sylly_me, I have diff. screen names & wasn't sure which one I was under. Razz Sorry.
I did notice different names in different colors & some joined after I did so was thinking I might have done something wrong.

Thanks again to the Website Admin & Moderators, it does take work & you are appreciated. Smile

Last edited by SyllyOne on 01/07/09, 02:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
SyllyOne
SyllyOne

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Hi There

Post  Pinky Shear 01/07/09, 02:08 pm

My name is Heather, I'm a super busy mom of 4 out of Atlanta GA.
I'm also a costumer and performer with Big City Burlesque & Vaudeville. BCB is an ALL VINTAGE troupe here in Atl. and we specialize in entertainment from the "Golden Age" of Hollywood (4o's of course).
Atlanta is also the home of Dragon Con, which is the East Coast version of Comic Con. Many of our BCB girls attend Dragon Con (in fact, we will be performing there this year), and are VERY excited about participating in the ISO. We all have loved ones and friends over seas at this time, and we are looking forward to Representing the ISO in support of our troops at DC this year.
Pinky Shear
Pinky Shear

http://www.myspace.com/483181132

Back to top Go down

Post  terri.hodges 01/07/09, 02:45 pm

My name is Terri Hodges I currently live in San Francisco with my husband Tom (who many of you know as the Artist in Residence for the ISO/RSO) our pup Harley Quinn and a several cats (some who have Star Wars inspired names). We have a teen aged son who has just moved away from us to return to Southern California. I work in the airline industry for money (and cheap flights) and work as a photographer because I love it and to keep my professional status.

We recently moved back to CA from TX after 4 years, so I'm glad that there is some Star Garrison interest, so they won't be left without our support.

I met the DSG in person at the 501st dinner at CIV and thought it was just a the greatest thing ever as my personal style tends to follow the more pin-up style of my favorite artists. I trooped with the DSG as an ISO member for the first time at SDCC last year and then again at Phoenix Comic Con earlier this year.

I have been involved with the 501st as a supportive outsider and photographer since CIII as well as working on the 501st Quilt project that was auctioned off last year at SDCC. I was honored to become an HM when the Golden Gate Garrison inducted me into the 501st last year and am currently working on another Quilt Project with the Rebel Legion. I would love, once we get it up and running, to do a Quilt for the ISO as well.

I'm excited to see some more interest in Northern California (because our meetings up till now have been rather boring as it's just been me!).
terri.hodges
terri.hodges
Officer
Officer

http://www.twitter.com/vmperella

Back to top Go down

Post  terri.hodges 01/07/09, 03:49 pm

Pinky Shear wrote:

Is there already an ISO in Atlanta? I've been trying to get info from some of my Atlanta Garrison friends. Several of us BCB girls are interested in joining, and / or starting an Atlanta Chapter.

I do believe we have a girl or 2 in the GA area. Once we get everyone in 1 place we'll work on our introductions.
terri.hodges
terri.hodges
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie 01/07/09, 04:16 pm

Hi Pinky! I'm not 100% sure if we've met, but I do know that we know a lot of the same people. Audrey speaks very highly of you. Smile

There seems to be some interest on the GA Garrison forum, but there doesn't seem to be much cohesion at the moment. All the threads though are in a members only section so visitors can't see them.

Terri or Michelle - has anyone else in the GA Garrison offered to head up the GA ISO?

I'll be heading down to the hotels on Wed. for D*Con so I can do (or help do) any early set up that we might need.
Julie
Julie

http://www.myspace.com/atairia

Back to top Go down

Post  terri.hodges 01/07/09, 05:08 pm

I will have to talk to Tom but I recall him doing some artwork for a Georgia Girl. I believe her name is Shannon Bower but I'm not sure if it's she or her husband is in the 501st.
terri.hodges
terri.hodges
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rogue_Shadow 01/07/09, 07:46 pm

Hi Everybody,

Prue (ID-9017) here from the Terror Australis Garrison all the way down here in Oz, I have an Imperial Officers uniform and currently working on the Casual version of Juno Eclipse. Trying to organise armour at some point but will probably inherit my partners (TB-5118) Scout when he finally gets his TK.
We have an 8 month old son who dresses up whenever we do as anything from Yoda to Vader and Wedge.

Heard about the organization on Star Wars.com and loved the idea so here I am Smile

Last edited by Rogue_Shadow on 01/07/09, 09:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rogue_Shadow
Rogue_Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Farva 01/07/09, 09:45 pm

Hello My name is Chris Jackson but better known as FARVA. Yes I look just like Farva from Super Troopers. I have been a big supporter of my wonderful ISO girls since the beginning. I hope to also help produce some really cool ISO merchandise when the time comes.

I have been trying to get my wife involved since the beginning and Jen (Mara Jen) has finally started to rub off on her and she is succumbing to the "sweeter" side of the DARK SIDE.

We live in Tucson just about 100 miles from the place where this all started....Phoenix, AZ.

I am a big collector of "kisses". I have quite a collection going on my Jango helmet. If I see you or you see me plant one right on the dome!

I am a member of the 501st Legion Dune Sea Garrison Jundland Wastes Squad (what a mouthful!) My TKID is BH-2244 also known in the legion as the worlds biggest Jango. But again everyone calls me Farva so why fight it?

So I hope to be as much of a service to you ladies as possible!
Farva
Farva

Back to top Go down

Post  mercsailor 01/07/09, 10:48 pm

HiHi.

So, my name is Diana and I am another MidWest gal, cept I'm in South Bend, IN. I'm not a member of the 501st, however I was a member of R2Detroit, which was(is?) the FanForce Chapter in Detroit, and we did many things in conjunction with the 501st and Rebel Legion. And I was always the girl in the R2Detroit Shirt handing out the flyers and taking pictures, etc..

So when I read about this on io9.com and then starwars.com, I was totally pumped! Of course, the only problem is I don't know anyone in the local Bloodfin Garrison, and am way out of touch with anyone in the Great Lakes Garrison. I have totally been out of the loop for the last many years! I'm hoping this will turn into a way to get back involved again, and not only as a Star Wars fan! Hope to get to know all of you better!

Diana
mercsailor
mercsailor

Back to top Go down

Post  pcady 01/07/09, 11:49 pm

Hey lovely ladies!

Trish from Stockton, California here! I am an 8th grade language arts and reading teacher, as well as an animation club leader after school. Community service, art, and a love of literature are my top three priorities in my classroom.

Although I've always been fond of Star Wars, I married into fandom. Pinup and retro fashions are more my forte, so the ISO is really the meld of both our interests/lifestyles. Lipstick and lightsabers- what else is there? Smile

I've contacted the Central California Garrison (GL's hometown garrison!) about starting an ISO, but I'd also love to work with the Golden Gate girls. Northern California- prepare yourself! Smile

Looking forward to the fun!
trish
pcady
pcady

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirgo Ruus 02/07/09, 12:10 am

Ack. I am not great about talking about meself. Plus if I told you too much I would have to kill you Twisted Evil .

Let's see...I am one of the founding members of the ISO. Our first official appearence as the ISO was in May of 2007 at the C4 mixer. I am not a member of th 501st because I was never drawn to any of the female costumes. I have a custom Mando and a custom Twi'lek. I've been wrangleing for the Dune Sea Garrison for 6 years and counting. I sing in a band here in Phoenix, AZ called One Kitty Gone. We boast originals and covers inspired by the Golden Age of Hollywood so I've been involved in pinup culture for quite a while.

Here in the Dune Sea chaper of the ISO I am the primper. I'm the one that sets our hair, and directs our photo shoots. I go through phases where I stop using the internet for weeks at a time but I always respond to texts and phone calls.

I beleive in inclusion and truely feel every woman can be beautiful. So come out and play with us! You'll be glad you did I love you .
Mirgo Ruus
Mirgo Ruus
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightsister 02/07/09, 03:29 am

Hi all. It is great work setting up the forum. I am really enjoying reading about/meeting everyone...
I am Brigid from the UK. I don't know if we have anyone else over here yet, but surely there must be other folks interested soon! I'd be more than happy to be a UK liason Laughing

My husband pointed the ISO out to me as he thought it would be right up my street. I have never been attracted to 501st costuming for myself, veering towards a more glamourous style (I'd always be worried the helmets would mess up my hair and makeup - oh dear!). I am married into Star Wars fandom though, I met my husband through -coff- Doctor Who fandom and we got together at a worldcon watching all night screenings of Star Wars. My husband is currently the managing editor of Insider and edited the UK version of the mag for several years.

I am currently trying to arrange for a kind soul to ship me over a shirt so I can get my uniform together (seemingly there are no outlets in the UK for the sand version and I can't find a US site that ships overseas). Everything else I am just pulling out of my wardrobe. I dress in retro styles almost everyday anyway Very Happy

I am so excited for all you gals going to events in the US soon. I hope you all post pics so I can enjoy vicariously!
Nightsister
Nightsister

Back to top Go down

Post  Ladyhawk 02/07/09, 09:01 am

Hi there everyone,
I'm Regina from the Mountain Garrison. I've been active with ISO since February of this year. This is a great bunch of gals and if you ever have a chance to get together it can be loads of fun.

I currently reside in the Denver, Colorado area but I work M-Th in Los Angeles, CA . So, I'm all over the place when it comes to availability.

I am currently a Rebel Legion Member, but I'm working on trying to get my Biker Scout together to be a part of the 501st. I enjoy the costuming, the charity work and the friendships I've made since being on the road all the time does not really allow for much of that.

Other than that - I'm an avid scuba diver as well as amateur topside & underwater photographer, costumer and sometimes seamstress.

TA-ta!
Gina Like a Star @ heaven
Ladyhawk
Ladyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mara Jen is Big Red! 02/07/09, 03:28 pm

Yay!!!

I'm totally excited. I absolutely freaking LOVE that we're getting such an influx of new blood.

YAY US.

Oh, right. Introductions.

I'm Jen. I'm tall and I have red hair . . . usually . . . hence the moniker "Big Red". I stumbled into the 501st when I costumed at CIII as Mara Jade on a lark, and a Legion member said, "Hey, baby, what garrison are YOU in?" I joined the Dune Sea Garrison here in Phoenix and they've . . . I mean *I've* . . . never been the same.

I am SL (Mara) ID (Ysanne Isard, the only Imperial Officer that wears red) TK (Stormie, but that's a long story) 7047.

I was the Public Relations Officer for the DSG in 2007 and 2008.

I am the Commanding Officer of the DSG for 2009. I'm not really sure how that happened.

Somehow along the way I got together with the beautiful and brilliant Mirgo Ruus and became a Founding Member of the ISO.

Any of you may feel free to contact me anytime, for any reason. I will post my contact info in a Members thread.
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  NdyGlo83 02/07/09, 06:01 pm

YAY, looks like I get to go right after my clone!!! Cool Cool

My name is Cindy, I am a member (and PRO) of the Dune Sea Garrison of the 501st, and a member of the Mos Eisley Base of the Rebel Legion.... only because I was tricky enough to make a costume that "goes both ways" Twisted Evil (Female Tusken Raider) Very Happy

I started following the DSG around 3 years ago (hence DSG groupie), but did not actually get my ID# until August of 2008. I've been doing ISO stuff with these guys out here in Phoenix for about a year and a half now, and it is AWESOME!

These wonderful ladies have helped me discover a slightly more feminine side to myself. When they took me under their collective wing, I was useless with a mascara wand and didn't own a can of hair spray. Thanks to their patience I am starting to learn to do some of this stuff by myself... although no one does hair like our Joanne, Jen L can do your makeup while doing 18 other things at once, and I would still have eyelashes glued to my cheekbone if it wasn't for Terri H Rolling Eyes Laughing

I have learned that you can learn a lot from hanging around with girls. Good for the soul, I'd say. And when we can work on that female bonding WHILE doing charity work, well that's just the best! I have friends and relatives who are in the military, including my wonderful boyfriend, so this is a cause close to my heart. I love you

I am SO excited that there is so much interest - all around the globe too! We must be doing something right Laughing

<big hugs> to all, and to all a good night!
NdyGlo83
NdyGlo83
Officer
Officer

https://www.facebook.com/cindy.glover

Back to top Go down

Post  vadersprincess 02/07/09, 08:46 pm

Hi every one Im Tara Mathena TI 6968 my husband Scott SL 9911 are both part the Mountian Garrison Dewback ridge squad. We have two children Alex 4 and AnnaMaria 15 months. We are working on a mini Royal Gauard for Alex. As well as a ISO girl for AnnaMaria she has to be like mom.
vadersprincess
vadersprincess

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself ... Empty Intro

Post  Ashley 03/07/09, 02:07 am

Hi!! My name is Ashley and Im a Mountain Garrison ISO Girl! Im not "officially" part of the 501st because I don't have a costume made up yet, but I plan to get me some TK armor in the future and somehow get some Mando armor as well!
I joined the ISO in Feb, and my first troop was for Denvers St.Paddy's Day Parade, and I LOVED IT!! I was hooked! I've done a few troops since then, but not one lately and Im having ISO withdrawls, lol.
I love being an ISO Girl! It's too much fun. Very Happy

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsu Ma'Roy 03/07/09, 09:24 am

Howdy All,

I'm also a Mountain Garrison ISO gal. I've got an Imp Officer, and two costume that I haven't gotten approved/submitted yet: Jawa and Imp Crew (IC is the first step to a pilot Cool ) I am also part of that terrorist organization, but I'm under cover...yeah, that's it...kinda like Shira Brea (EU gal...sorry)

Anywho, I am frustrated web designer, (Gawd bless the economy). At least I'll be able to move back into that position with my current employer within the next year.

Just your basic Star Wars nerd from the beginning. And I simply adore the 40s style...so of course I got hooked!

Cheers, Kat cat <--likes this icon
Katsu Ma'Roy
Katsu Ma'Roy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum