Imperial Service Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniform Resources

+3
terri.hodges
TKEastbay
pcady
7 posters

Go down

Uniform Resources Empty Uniform Resources

Post  pcady 04/07/09, 12:53 am

Ok, just thought I'd share with all of us who are putting new costumes together, or those who are replacing pieces...

Target has retro-esque black heels with a double strap (style: Sadira) for $19.99. Must be somewhat new because they had all sizes available at my store ( I usually wear an 11, 10 on a good day).

I'll keep an eye out for good sales on fishnets, etc. Btw, I'd be willing to ship to any girls in need, just let me know! Smile
pcady
pcady

Back to top Go down

Uniform Resources Empty Re: Uniform Resources

Post  TKEastbay 04/07/09, 01:39 am

Trish~

Can you post a picture of the shoe? And can anyone else post some high-heel shoe styles that would be acceptable? I had a leg injury last year, and I'd like to see what can be worn.

Michelle
TKEastbay
TKEastbay

Back to top Go down

Post  terri.hodges 04/07/09, 07:52 am

Target often sells fishnets and eyelashes too.
Before Phoenix Comic Con I found a bunch of fishnets and stockings that had been marked down to $2 a pair. I bought them out.
Check the makeup aisle for the eyelashes they are often below eye level, tucked away and not terribly expensive.

As Hallowe'en approaches you will find tons of this stuff (not always the best of quality but good in a pinch).

Some online resources for shoes & lingerie:
http://www.babygirlboutique.com/
http://www.mybabyjo.com/
http://www.daddyos.com/
http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/

and remember...these styles are still popular so check out places like Macys and other department stores.
terri.hodges
terri.hodges
Officer
Officer

http://www.twitter.com/vmperella

Back to top Go down

Post  pcady 04/07/09, 11:15 am

What an idea to post a pic/link! Smile

Ok, here's the link to the one I bought
sadira

and I also saw that on the target site you can search for "vintage looks"- cool!

michelle: sorry to hear about your leg injury Sad ...maybe flats or boots for a bit?

terri: thanks for the great tips! walgreens is also good for false eyelashes, but I hear MAC is preferable if you don't mind shelling out a little more.
pcady
pcady

Back to top Go down

Post  TKEastbay 04/07/09, 11:51 am

BTW, where do you ladies buy the ISO hats - the sand or black colored ones?

Trish- thanks for the Target link. I have some lower-heeled Mary Janes I could wear. Can't wear the really high ones for awhile, even though I LOVE high-heels Wink

Michelle
TKEastbay
TKEastbay

Back to top Go down

Post  SyllyOne 04/07/09, 11:55 am

I was wondering about the hats myself.
SyllyOne
SyllyOne

Back to top Go down

Uniform Resources Empty Hats

Post  Ladyhawk 06/07/09, 02:25 pm

We researched the cost of having a person who makes the normal sized hats for the Inperial Crew make them for us but they were still $80 and that was unacceptable. I have tried my hand at making the little hat (as seen at the Fiesta Bowl Parade) ... PITA to make if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to do it. Looks good with the long hair and victory rolls but not so much with hair like mine and others with short hair.

In the Mountain Garrison we (please correct me if I'm wrong) have been going with the Envelope cap (or flower) since it is more readily available (I work in LA so I was able to get a lot for the Garrison), looks pretty good on everyone, is cheap and is very much in the period.

If you want to see what it looks like, take a look at the gallery, I posted a pic. We used them in our Starfest photoshoot.

EDIT: In hindsight I can understand WHY she charges $80 - personally, if *I* had to do it again (now that I've made at least 1 + 2 normal sized ones) I'd charge at least $60 for the materials, the greeblie, the time and aggravation of having to work in such a small proportion, and especially if you want anything that looks decent or is of some kind of quality.

Last edited by Ladyhawk on 08/07/09, 08:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladyhawk
Ladyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  tb8535 06/07/09, 04:40 pm

Ladyhawk wrote:We researched the cost of having a person who makes the normal sized hats for the Inperial Crew make them for us but they were still $80 and that was unacceptable. I have tried my hand at making the little hat (as seen at the Fiesta Bowl Parade) ... PITA to make if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to do it. Looks good with the long hair and victory rolls but not so much with hair like mine and others with short hair.

In the Mountain Garrison we (please correct me if I'm wrong) have been going with the Envelope cap (or flower) since it is more readily available (I work in LA so I was able to get a lot for the Garrison), looks pretty good on everyone, is cheap and is very much in the period.

If you want to see what it looks like, take a look at the gallery, I posted a pic. We used them in our Starfest photoshoot.

Big Red/Mirgo please jump in here... now I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that we are not going with the envelope cap style. While appropriate for the period, the preference is to mimic the style worn by the Imperial Officers. We have been looking at resources for the canon cap, but I am not current on the status of that particular project right now.

Thanks for your patience! More to follow ...
tb8535
tb8535
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mara Jen is Big Red! 06/07/09, 05:22 pm

Well, here we have one of those "real life" versus "ideal situation" issues.

The Mountain Garrison girls wanted to wear the envelope hats. We don't have a workable pattern yet for the canon ISO hat. It's not a strict copy of the Imperial Officer hat--it's cuter. (Thank God.)

I told them that they can go ahead and wear the envelope hats for the time being. The "canon" hat will be different, and they can work toward that in the future as materials and finances permit.

Does this seem reasonable to everyone?
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  tb8535 06/07/09, 08:25 pm

My only question is the envelope cap just an option (i.e. accessory) for the ECU rather than a requirement. Personally, I don't care for the envelope cap, but that is just my opinion.
tb8535
tb8535
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mara Jen is Big Red! 06/07/09, 08:55 pm

Optional.
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Mara Jen is Big Red!
Founder
Founder